Admission to Jeanne Jugan Residence
My name is Mary Segalla. I’m a licensed clinical social worker and the Director of Social Services/Admissions here at Jeanne Jugan Residence. Our admission process begins with a simple telephone call to me. I may be reached at 617-776-4420, ext. 317.
In our initial conversation I will seek to ascertain the following:
- the age and financial eligibility of the prospective Resident
- their current needs and health concerns
If the prospective Resident seems to fit our criteria—that he or she is at least 65 years of age with limited assets) an application is sent. When it is completed, the person is placed on our waiting list.
Upon availability of a room, the prospective Resident is notified and the process continues as follows:
- I will arrange and interview here at the home with the individual and/or responsible family member.
- The prospective Resident and/or family receive a tour of the home.
- If in agreement of a possible admission, a medical form is given to be completed by the individual’s physician.
- Upon return of the medical form, the prospective Resident is invited to the home for a 5–7 day visit. This visit is very important as it helps to assure a comfortable adjustment to the home.
- After this visit, the future Resident returns home and an admission date is set.
Generally we do not admit directly to our skilled nursing unit. This area is reserved for the current Residents of our home in order to provide a continuity of care as their needs increase.
If we feel that we are not able to meet your needs, I will be happy to suggest other facilities and resources in the community which may be helpful to you.
For more information please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at the above number.